Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day Three: Over the hump!

I have been taking my salt water solution and struggling a bit as one might imagine. I am blogging a bit early today because I have recieved an email from my mother with information which John Hopkins has FINALLY (and hopefully truely) acknowledged. I will summarize the email which has touched me serverely as it shows a) how my childhood diet was accidentally very cancer-promoting and shows b)a medical profession accepting ways of eating which have been known for decades by the natural, nutritional therapy world. Hopefully the medical profession will start promoting the fact that DIET should be employed as a means to PREVENT (and cure) disease rather than only focusing on the more profitable work of curing a disease which has already been contracted.

When a person has cancer this means they have had nutritional deficiencies; enyzmes and nutrients from plants could have aided the immune system to prevent the spread of cancer cells. Changing the diet (whether you are healthy or diseased) to eating more healthily will stregthen the immune system. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the cancer cells as well as the healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract and causes organ damage. Radiation destroys cancer cells and also burns, scars, and damages healthy cells tissues and organs. Although both of these methods may be important in the fight against cancer for people who cannot totally revolutionize their diet and stick to it daily, there is another way. Please visit gerson.org to read about the incredible plan they have for curing disease and living a healthy lifestyle.  You may be surprised to discover how unhealthy your ''healthy'' diet may be, I know I was. Here are some fast pointers...
*Sugar substitutes feed cancer (honey is not great either as it is refined sugar; Grade-B maple syrup or good molasses is better).

*Table salt has chemicals added for the white color as well as mutes the taste buds and is awful for general health.

*Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastrointestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus (says John Hopkins) and so switching to almond milk is a better choice (soy milk is most likely genetically modified and thus is also not a good option). Milk is meant to take a 90lb calf and nurish it to become a 900lb cow; this is not meant for humans to be drinking. The fat which is homogenized in the milk goes straight into your blood due to its absorbable size.

*Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment (according to John Hopkins). A meat based diet is highly acidic. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones, and parasites which are all very harmful. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enyzmes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrefied and leads to toxic buildup. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from eating meat, we free more enyzmes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the bodies killer T cells to destroy diseased cells. Do not worry that without animal meat you will not get enough protein; this is a popular misconception. The pancreas synthesizes protein through a balanced diet of plants-animal protein is absolutely not necessary! Look up vegan body builders! It's crazy!

*Bottom line; a diet made up of 80% fresh vegetables, certain nuts, certain grains and juices puts the body into an alkaline environment (good!). About 20% can be from cooked food. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enyzmes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells (make sure to use a big, slow juicer as fast ones use heat and electricity for its speed and will kill these enzymes!). Enyzmes are destrozed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

*The best water to drink is purified or filtered to avoid unknown toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic and not recommended.

*Packaged and processed foods (including lunch meats, fast foods, salad dressings, canned soups, anything not fresh!) have added chemicals, toxins, and additives which are seriously unhealthy for our bodies.

***Bad habits; do not place plastic containers or plastic wrap in the microwave and do not place water bottles in the freezer!!! Heat plus plastic releases dioxin into the food and thus into the body. Poisonous toxins melt out of plastic wrap and drip onto food! Eek!
                                                                  ************
Back to me and the cleanse!!! Today I have felt tired and spacey not have had no major side-effects so far. Although there are food temptations, there is no battle, no struggle, no question in my mind on whether or not I will eat; it would ruin everything I am doing. The whole goal here is to flush my system entirely of solids within the first few days so that I can then filter my body via solely liquids. I am too excited to clean myself to decide to eat food! :)

As I am worried about my comprehension and recall abilities around this time of dead week and next finals week, I have been looking closely at my abilities during classes. My recall of special vocabulary is poor and my attention span has been shortened. I have much less of an ability do two things at once if one of those things involve listening and comprehension. I am also generally significantly more tired and lazy than usual. However, when I am attentive, I am sharp. I played a beginning-level and medium-level game of mindsweep (at which I had gotten pretty good last year) for the first time since December and immediately scored higher points than ever before. During a French class reviewing the literature we have studied this term, I understood my second language just as well as always, answered review questions to the point that my teacher had to shut me up, and payed attention! Well, I payed attention for the most part... I also wrote up recipes for gluten-free cookies and dreamed of what I would eat as a brand-new vegan- YUMMERS!

I am happy and cheery as ever!!! Yes, I know, once again waaaaay too much information but all today my stool has been solely liquid. Let me tell you, it's really strange. The sea-salt drink is digusting to the nth degree. But the lemonade is delicious and satisfying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment