Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day Four: A slight bump in the road

Last night I had quite an effect from the senna in the lax tea. My intestines were contracting and cramping so intensely to force out invisible solids that I was in quite an extreme pain. I felt like I had to void so much waste; there was a full, heavy, burning sensation in my lower gut, but nothing could come out. It became so painful that I started violently shaking and actually threw up. The first two nights the senna had not caused such an extreme reaction and so far my friend has not felt these effects either. Basically, I had let it steep for too long and could not handle its potency. Steep the senna tea for about 30 seconds to avoid too high a dose. Adjust the steeping to be longer if you feel absolutely no flushing effects that night or when you wake up. The point of drinking senna at night is to encourage the bowels to flush out your system in the morning. If you do feel this adverse effect to the senna, you can use something similar (such as peppermint tea, chamomile tea, or the sea-salt cleanse- NOTHING caffeinated!!!) as long as it flushes your system. Tonight I used the sea-salt solution as in my experience it has been very efficient in the flushing department.

Today I felt a bit low-energy, tired, and unmotivated. I am very seldom hungry as big gulps of the lemonade fill my stomach surprisingly well. I have been seeing positivity and beauty in so many things. Today the weather and blooming flowers were so beautiful, the people I worked with were wonderful; I felt smiley and strong. In class I was sharp, I could connect authors names to their works and their ideas, I answered questions and I filtered through review discussions from classmates to prepare for the final exam.

Today I also spoke to my mentor who inspired me to begin this cleanse and to ultimately begin my new life of healthiness, Anthony. We spoke of so many inspiring things; the huge list of new foods I will explore with my healthy new lifestyle, the power I will feel by conquering something I never imagined I could (this cleanse), the importance of friendly support for someone living with a disease, as well as his success in his super easy seven-days-to-fitness experiment. He explained that by doing an easy 5 minutes of non-strenuous movements each hour (on the hour) in a succession of 5-6 hours each day for only one week, one could become strong and toned. The way he does it is the top of the hour is dedicated to these 5 minutes of movements which he does each new hour, five to six times. The movements consist of 5-10 push-ups, 10 lunges on each leg, 10-20 crunches (slight movements, not even full crunches), 10 leg raises on each side (laying down with hands under butt for support- slight movements only), 5 half pull ups (just lift yourself however you can without too much strain "nudge up" he said, "barely move"). Any time a muscle is contracted breathe out through your nose fast and hard-this will help prevent injury and release toxins at the same time! His before and after pictures from that 7 days are incredible!

I have been so inspired by this whole process that I hope to put together a documentary which will interview Anthony, my mentor and Gerson Therapy caretaker, cancer survivors who benefited from the changed diet, current fighters of disease using these methods, patients who have had to struggle with medical association practices, as well as showcase healthy diets for all humans, nutrition information which everyone should know, dangerous daily food practices, and how we can use diet to prevent and cure disease. Although the information is already out there, even already in video form, I want to do all I can to put the word out about these healthy practices which have been proven for decades but have not been marketed or advertised due to the UNPROFITABILITY of keeping people HEALTHY.

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment