Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day Eight: The mental game

I had a hard night tonight. I was tired, I was emotional, I was no longer motivated to stick to the cleanse. I had no driving force and I didn't feel like there was any real reason to go through some weeks without the pleasure of food. I never thought I was an emotional eater but this feeling of being low and so, especially wanting to eat, shows me I might need to rethink this thought. I just want to slip one piece of popcorn in my mouth... or an almond. Just one!!! They say people need something to believe in during this cleanse to keep them going such as a religion or an ideology or what have you. I say what one really needs (after an understanding of the health benefits of this cleanse and an inspiration to be healthy) is a strong core of people around you, to lift you up when you are down. These past days have been a combination of dead and finals weeks which means most people are focused and studying. Tonight, I have no real drive to keep going. I don't feel inspired anymore, I just feel down. I wish I had my family around me tonight to encourage me. I will not break the cleanse because I have no real driving force to break it either (except for hunger I guess).

The reason I am hungry is because the last 'lemonade' I drank was over 5 hours ago. You should NEVER be uncomfortably hungry on this cleanse unless you do this to yourself. Please heed my warning; drink the lemonade solution all throughout the day and do not put yourself in a situation where you can't get to your drink for 5+ hours (like me in the library studying for finals!). Just FYI, I have lowered the salt-solution concentration to 1 tsp of salt instead of 2 since Day 5 because it is no longer necessary for it to be so strong. I keep drinking the senna tea although it felt like neither were working for Days 6 and 7. Today I had the desired effects from the drinks and it is really incredible to see that there are still semi-solids in my system. I am definitely riding myself of gunk which has been in my body for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment